HomeShoppeOur DesignsNest Renovations

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winter Storm for 2012

It's been a messy clean up around the NW for everyone......
I am sooooo looking forward to spring.
Not just me either, even V planted beautiful white prim roses in our planters at the shop.....

Here is some of what we have seen.....


Little snow......doesn't hurt, right?

Sure was pretty, but I can't drive in it. SO I stayed home.....ALOT.

This is the Plum Blossom (one of two) that was planted when our home was built in 1978....
One on each side of our property line. LOVE at first sight for me when we looked at the house.....

Then came the ICE.......
(insert jaws theme music here).....

It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen......
It looked like everything was encased in crystal....

I feel a little guilty because my family lost power for about 2 hours, total.....
Victoria just got power back yesterday.....
that is a week with no power in a 100 year old farm house.....



It wasn't until the second night.....
I began to realize (with the help of the local news) what all that beautiful snow and ice could do.....
Split my beautiful Plum Blossom right in half.....
this is taken after neighbor moved his car from beneath it.....Thank God un-harmed.....








This is what we had left......
very sad, but neighbor and I agreed to replant another flowering plum this spring.....

However sad losing our Plum Blossom was, I am happy to report the other tree lost a few branches but is mostly still in tact. our entire street was lined with them.....only 5 remain on the block.....I hope everyone will replant new ones this spring....
As for the huge 30 plus year old oak we have in our back yard....half is gone and we are hoping it will persevere....
 our neighbors lost one fir tree but mostly alot of branches....all over our yard....Hahahaha.

Silver lining moment for us....we are all safe, wont need to prune any trees this summer, and we had alot of home time to make new things for our shoppe.....


1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about you when the store didn't open. There is sadness in the loss of such beautiful tree creatures. They stand season after season and we give them relatively little regard unless they are in bloom or we are want of their shade. Yet when they are gone we are without a doubt fully aware of their absence...Hope your new little plum rises to the glory of your old friend....Coreen @ 58 Vintage Faire

    ReplyDelete